Curry Citrus Chicken Skewers
This recipe makes 24 servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 24
Watch the Canadian Living Test Kitchen's video: Chicken skewers with a twist!
- 1-1/4 lb 1-1/4lbchicken cutletchicken cutlets
- 24 cubes 24cubesgolden pineapple Curry Citrus Marinade:
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspgrated orange rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsporange juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 2 tsp 2tspminced gingerroot
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspmild curry paste
- 1 tsp 1tspliquid honey
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchcayenne pepper
1. Curry Citrus Marinade: In glass bowl, whisk together orange rind and juice, lemon juice, ginger, curry paste, honey, salt and cayenne pepper; set aside.
2. Between plastic wrap, pound chicken to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness; cut crosswise into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide strips. Add to marinade and toss to coat; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Weave chicken onto 24 soaked 4-inch (10 cm) wooden skewers; thread pineapple cube onto each end.
4. Place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes.