Canadian Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||27 g|
|sat. fat||12 g|
- Portion size: 6
Mexican food is always a hit at the dinner table. Do you like things a little more on the spicy side? Use medium or hot enchilada sauce instead of the mild and add another jalapeno to the chicken mixture.
- 2 cups 2cupsshredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 1cupshredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups 2cupsbottled strained tomatotomatoes, (passata)
- 1 can (10 oz/284 g) 1can (10 oz/284 g)mild enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1oniononions, thinly sliced
- 1 1sweet red or green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2tspchili powder
- 1 tsp 1tspeach dried cumin and coriander
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 8 8large flour tortillaflour tortillas
In bowl, mix together Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses; set aside. In separate bowl, stir tomatoes with enchilada sauce; set aside.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove to plate.
In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook onion, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in chicken and any juices and one-third of the sauce mixture.
Divide chicken mixture and half of the cheese mixture among tortillas; roll up each.
Spread one-third of the remaining sauce mixture in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Arrange rolls, seam side down, in dish; top with remaining sauce and cheese mixtures. Bake in 350?F (180?C) oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.