Curried Lentil Cashew Burger with Canadian Gouda
- Portion size: 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupunsalted cashewunsalted cashews or walnuts
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 4 cups 4cupssliced mushrooms
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcurry paste
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh coriander
- 4 4slices Canadian Gouda or Canadian Gouda cheese with cumin
- 4 4leaves lettuce
- 4 4slices red onion
- 4 4hamburger bunhamburger buns
In skillet, toast cashews over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes; transfer to food processor.
In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add to food processor.
Add lentils and curry paste to food processor; pulse until crumbly. Mix in bread crumbs and coriander. Shape into six 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick patties.
In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; fry patties until crusty, about 4 minutes per side. Top each with Gouda cheese slice; cover and cook until melted. Sandwich each patty, lettuce and red onion in bun.