Double Trouble Bacon and Cheese Sliders
- Portion size: 10 pieces
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
|dietary fibre||1 g|
These irresistible little bites will satisfy any burger craving. Serve them individually as appetizers or two per person for a meal.
- 2 oz 2ozCanadian cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspfinely chopped chipotle chili in adobo saucechipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupfresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbarbecue sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- 1 lb 1lblean ground beef
- 10 10mini hamburger bunhamburger buns, or ciabatta buns Toppings:
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbarbecue sauce
- 5 5slices bacon, cooked and halved
- 1 cup 1cupshredded Old Canadian Cheddar Cheese
In bowl, mix cream cheese with chipotle peppers until smooth; set aside.
In bowl, whisk together egg, 2 tbsp water, bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, mustard, oregano, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Crumble in beef and combine well; divide into 20 portions.
Sandwich 1 tsp of the cheese mixture between 2 portions of the meat mixture; shape into about 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) wide patties.
Place patties on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill until digital rapid-read meat thermometer inserted sideways into several registers 160?F (71?C).
Topping: Spread barbecue sauce on buns. Sandwich burgers, bacon and Cheddar cheese in buns.