Double-Crust Sour Cream Pastry
This recipe makes 1 servings
- Portion size: 1 double-crust 9-inch (23 cm) pie
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcold lard, cubed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cup(approx) Ice water
- 3 tbsp 3tbspsour cream
In large bowl, whisk flour with salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter and lard until in fine crumbs with a few larger pieces.
In liquid measure, whisk water with sour cream. Drizzle over flour mixture, tossing briskly with fork and adding a little more water if necessary, until ragged dough forms.
Divide in half; press into 2 discs. Wrap; refrigerate until chilled, 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze in airtight container for up to 1 month.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2007; Holiday Celebrations: 2007