Easy Marinated Feta
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per appetizer without oil : about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 10 appetizers
This appetizer is a cinch to pull together and is best made a day or two ahead. Use a creamy sheep and/or goat's milk feta for best flavour and spreadability. Serve with pita wedges.
- 1 tsp 1tspwhole fennel seeds
- 1 tsp 1tspcoriander seeds
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh rosemary, or thyme
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper flakes
- 3 cups 3cupscubed (1/2 inch/1 cm) feta cheese
In small dry skillet, toast fennel and coriander seeds over medium heat, swirling pan, until fragrant, about 3 minutes; transfer to large glass jar or bowl.
Add oil, rosemary, lemon rind, lemon juice and hot pepper flakes to seeds; seal and shake or stir to combine.
Add feta; seal or cover with plastic wrap. Gently turn jar over once or twice or stir to combine. Refrigerate for 12 hours, turning jar or stirring occasionally. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.)
Let come to room temperature to serve.
Additional information : Variation
Easy Marinated Feta and Olives: Replace half of the feta with Kalamata or other Greek black olives.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2007