Easy Sausage Parmesan Risotto
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Many kids love rice, so this is a great lunch idea. Save some from dinner to reheat in the morning and pack in a vacuum bottle to keep warm.
- 8 oz 8ozhot Italian sausagehot Italian sausages or mild Italian sausages
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 1 1zucchinizucchinis, chopped
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsshort-grain Italian rice
- 3-1/2 cups 3-1/2cupschicken stock
- 1 1tomatotomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupParmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp 2tbspfresh parsley, chopped
Remove casings from sausage. In large saucepan, cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes. Drain off fat.
Add garlic, onion, zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice, stirring to coat.
Add 3 cups (750 mL) of the stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer, stirring once, for 15 minutes. Add remaining stock; simmer, stirring often, until moist and creamy, 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, Parmesan and parsley.
This recipe is part of our online Dinner Club: Canadian Living's best, seasonal recipes for fast and easy weeknight dinners, plus weekly food tips by Canadian home cooks across the country. Jump to this week's selection of simple weeknight dinners >>
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2003