1. This pretty two-toned white and copper flatware set is festive enough for your holiday dinner, but not so over-the-top that you can't also use them as everyday utensils. The best part? They're dishwasher safe, so cleanup after a party is a breeze.
Copper Top Flatware, $78, anthropologie.com
2. Made from real pieces of bark, these coasters are an inexpensive way to add a touch of festive cheer to your holiday table décor, while also ensuring your table stays clear of water stains.
Indigo Holiday Expressions Wood Coasters, $18, chapters.indigo.ca
3. Essential for any plentiful cheese tray, these pretty hammered copper cheese knives make a thoughtful hostess gift.
Copper Cheese Knives, $12 each, crateandbarrel.com
4. These diamond-patterned napkins pair nicely with neutral tones, but also look beautiful with reds, blues or greens on a tabletop. For a pretty finish, wrap a little twine around each napkin and adorn with a handwritten name tag.
Ikat Mini Lattice Napkin Set, $32, westelm.com
5. Simple sparkly ornaments play double duty as Christmas tree decorations and table centrepieces. Display these ornaments in shallow vases on your dining room table, or arrange them around a table runner alongside tree branches to create a shimmery effect.
Mercury Ball Ornaments, $30, westelm.com
6. Use a simple metallic tray, such as this one, on your bar cart to display signature cocktails, or use it to corral an assortment of holiday cookies and treats. Once the holiday season has passed, you can use it to showcase some of your favourite coffee table books in your living room.
Regalia Tray – Round Champagne, $20, pier1.com
Trying to decide what to serve for dessert this holiday season? Choose from 15 of our favourite showstopping desserts.