Dockside Dining: An alfresco dinner for 6
By Adell Shneer and The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
Simply prepared local produce - such as trout, tomatoes, corn and berry pie - makes delicious alfresco fare.
- Salmon en Papillote with Fennel and Roasted Peppers
- Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Fish Burgers with Light Tartar Sauce
- Garlic Sesame Fish on Bok Choy
- Chicken Fingers with Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- Thai-Style Beef Salad
- Slow-Cooker Picadillo
- Pot Roast with Vegetable Gravy
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup with Tofu
- Black Bean Quesadillas
- Fish Tacos With Mango-Avocado Salsa
- Steak Tacos With Pebre Salsa
- Lemongrass Chicken Tacos
- Lemony Penne With Chicken and Artichokes
- Orange-Glazed Pork Chops With Hazelnut Green Beans
- Tofu Noodle Stir-Fry
- Farfalle With Prosciutto and Olives
- Shrimp With Edamame Succotash
- Linguine With Tuna and Mushrooms
- White Bean Salad With Seared Steak
Warm summer evenings at the lake call for casual fare with simple preparations, local produce and other seasonal offerings from roadside stands and farmers' markets. And if you don't have a lake to call your own, this menu is just as delicious in your own backyard.
Add boiled fingering potatoes and your favourite green salad to complete this summery menu.
Warm Cherry Tomato Crostini
Olive oil and garlic enhance the bright, sweet flavours of cherry tomatoes to serve on slices of crusty market-fresh baguette.
Scout farmer's markets for tasty offerings from local cheesemongers and butchers selling house-made salami, prosciutto, pepperoni and other dry sausag...
Whole Grilled Trout with Lemon Parsley Butter
Grilling a whole fish is easy – just remember to grease the grill (not the fish) so the skin doesn't stick to it. Any leftover flavoured butt...
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Grilled and lightly dressed summer vegetables are equally delicious served warm or at room temperature. Red or yellow peppers (or a combination) add c...
Paprika-Dusted Corn on the Cob
Husk and remove silk from corn. Grill over medium-high heat until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush with olive oil. ...
Lattice Jam Tart
This Italian-style tart, called crostata, has a sandy cookie crust that you can also make in a food processor if you want. Use homemade jam or choose ...