What is raclette cheese?
A mellow cow's milk cheese with flavours and aromas of butter and nuts, raclette has a firm-yet-supple texture that melts beautifully when heated. The word raclette (from the French racler, or "to scrape") goes back to the days when Swiss cow herders used to melt raclette cheese on rocks close to glowing coals to scrape over food. Raclette cheese is worth seeking out at specialty food stores, but other melting cheeses also make for a good party.
Raclette dinner party work schedule
2 days ahead:
• Make Tarragon Vinaigrette recipe.
• Make Lemon Chive Aïoli recipe.
• Make batter for Ginger Molasses Tuiles recipe.
• Make Kirsch Syrup recipe for dessert
• Slice cheese and sausages for raclette recipe.
• Cook broccoli and potatoes for raclette recipe.
• Cut pineapple for dessert.
• Bake Ginger Molasses Tuiles recipe.
• Assemble Shrimp and Vegetables Skewers recipe.
• Put pickles, broccoli and baby corn into bowls.
• Prepare salad greens.
• Heat raclette grill in centre of table.
• Place skewers, aïoli and salad on table.
• Reheat potatoes while enjoying first course.
• Set out all raclette ingredients.
• For a light dessert, toss pineapple with kirsch syrup.
Raclette menu and recipe ideas for 8 :
- Greens with Tarragon Vinaigrette: Well-dressed salad is a light and refreshing opening course for a rich raclette main.
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Vegetable Skewers: The cook-your-own party starts by choosing and grilling skewered shrimp and vegetables to serve with Lemon Chive Aioili (below).
- Lemon Chive Aïoli: While prefect for grilled skewers, this multipurpose dip is also delicious with crunchy fresh veggie sticks.
Page 1 of 2 -- Discover great wine pairings and raclette dinner ideas on page 2