Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffing with Smoked Sausage Image by: Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffing with Smoked Sausage
1. Always stuff chicken just before cooking.
2. Prepare about 3/4 cup (175 mL) stuffing per pound (500 g) of chicken. Pat neck and body cavities dry.
3. Fill neck cavity first, spooning in stuffing until full but not bulging or compacted.
4. Pull neck skin to back of chicken and fasten with metal skewer. Fill body cavity, again without packing. Skewer opening shut.
5. Place any extra stuffing in covered casserole or heavy foil, drizzle with pan drippings if desired and bake alongside chicken for last 30 to 45 minutes of roasting or until heated through and toasty at edges.
5 fabulous stuffing recipes to try
Roasted Red Pepper, Fennel and Rice Stuffing
This stuffing is gluten- and dairy-free. If you use vegetable stock and heat it in a casserole dish, the stuffing is also vegetarian.
Jalepeno Cornbread Stuffing with Smoked Sausage
Adding the jalapeno the cornbread carries the flavour throughout the whole stuffing. Make the cornbread a day ahead so it dries out a little.
Pancetta and Prune Stuffing
This well-seasoned stuffing is equally delicious both stuffed in a goose or turkey or baked in a casserole dish.
Herb Turkey Stuffing and Gravy
This stuffing is dark and aromatic with a generous amount of herbs.
Exotic Mushroom and Bacon Stuffing
This tasty stuffing can be prepared in the bird or separately in a dish.
This article was originally found in Canadian Living's Special Issue, Best Chicken 2008. Subscribe to Canadian Living today and never miss an issue!
Page 1 of 1