Fresh Tomato and Bean Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|PER SERVING: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Simmering up a whole-supper soup is simple when you have canned vegetable stock and beans in your cupboard. Serve this soup with crusty buns, grilled focaccia or a sprinkle of crunchy croutons.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1small oniononions, diced
- 1 1carrotcarrots, diced
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups 4cupsvegetable stock
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)white kidney beanwhite kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 2plum tomatoplum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh basil
- pinch Pepper
In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, carrot and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add stock; bring to boil.
Add beans and tomatoes; cook over medium heat until carrot and tomatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in basil and pepper.
Additional information :
Substitution: Use canned chickpeas, red kidney beans or mixed beans instead of the white kidney beans.