Frisee Salad with Crispy Pancetta, Pistachio and Cranberry Vinaigrette
This recipe makes 8 servings
- Portion size: 8
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppistachio nutpistachio nuts, shelled
- 4 oz 4ozpancetta or lean bacon, cut_in 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices
- 10 cups 10cupsbaby frisée greens
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdried cranberrydried cranberries Cranberry Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcranberry cocktail
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspfinely chopped shallotshallots or red onions
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1tspmaple syrup or granulated sugar
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cranberry Vinaigrette: In bowl, whisk together cranberry cocktail, vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper; slowly whisk in oil. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; whisk before using.)
Spread pistachios on baking sheet; toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until fragrant; let cool. Coarsely chop and set aside. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
In large skillet cook pancetta for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp; transfer to paper towels to drain. Crumble into small pieces.
In large salad bowl, toss baby fris?greens with cranberry vinaigrette. Add pistachios and cranberries; toss again. Sprinkle with pancetta.