Ginger Garlic Steak with Cucumber Radish Pickle
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
Even if today's dish is for entertaining, you can still think healthy. Red meat is one of the best sources of iron. Sodium-reduced soy sauce has 40 per cent less salt than regular soy sauce. Serve with brown rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.
- 3 tbsp 3tbspoyster sauce
- 3 tbsp 3tbspsodium-reduced soy sauce
- 4 tsp 4tspminced gingerroot
- 4 tsp 4tspgranulated sugar
- 4 tsp 4tspsesame oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper sauce
- 4 4clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1top sirloin grilling steaktop sirloin grilling steaks, 1 inch thick (about 2 lb/1 kg)
- 2 tsp 2tsptoasted sesame seeds Cucumber Radish Pickle:
- 3 cups 3cupssliced English cucumberEnglish cucumbers
- 2 cups 2cupsthinly sliced radishradishes
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 2 tbsp 2tbsprice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspsesame oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper sauce
In shallow bowl, whisk together oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, oil, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Reserve 1/3 cup (75 mL) to serve with steak. Add steak to remaining marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Cucumber Radish Pickle: In colander, toss cucumber, radishes and salt ; let stand for 15 minutes. Shake off liquid and pat dry; place in bowl. Add vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; toss.
In greased grill pan, grill steak over medium-high heat, turning once, until medium-rare, about 16 minutes, or until desired doneness. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and arranging on platter.
Heat reserved marinade; drizzle over steak. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with Cucumber Radish Pickle.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2006