Ginger Noodle Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||16 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 4
Finish with Sliced Fresh Fruit.
- 1 lb 1lblean ground pork
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 3 3garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuphoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped gingerroot
- 2 tbsp 2tbspsoy sauce
- 4 cups 4cupschicken stock
- 1 1carrotcarrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsliced mushroommushrooms
- 5 oz 5ozrice vermicelli noodles
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbean sprouts
- 4 4Coriander sprigCoriander sprigs
In saucepan, brown pork over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain off fat. Add onion, garlic, hoisin sauce, ginger and soy sauce; cook for 2 minutes.
Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Add carrot and mushrooms; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in vermicelli noodles; simmer for about 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Ladle into large soup bowls. Garnish with sliced green onion, bean sprouts and coriander sprigs.
Additional information :
Vegetarian Ginger Tofu Soup: Omit pork. Use 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil to saut?nion mixture. Replace chicken stock with vegetable stock and add 1 cup (250 mL) diced firm tofu along with the stock.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2001