Ginger Rhubarb Punch
This recipe makes 12 1/2 cup (125 mL) servings
|Per 1/2 cup (125 mL) : about||-|
|sat. fat||0 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 10 minutes Chill: 1 hour
- Total time : PT20M
- Portion size: 6 cups (1.5 L)
Pretty, pink and slightly spicy, this lovely nonalcoholic punch is perfect for showers and other events.
- 1 cup 1cupsliced gingerroot
- 4 cups 4cupsfrozen chopped pink rhubarb
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2 cups 2cupsginger ale
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplemon juice
- 3 cups 3cupsice cubes
In large saucepan, cover and bring ginger and 4 cups (1 L) water to boil. Add rhubarb and sugar; reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Strain into large bowl or pitcher; let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Stir in ginger ale and lemon juice. Stir in ice cubes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2010