Gluten-Free Super Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- Portion size: 25 pieces
This recipe makes 25 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||17 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
Sure to please chocoholics, these brownies are so rich and chocolaty that there's no need for icing. White rice flour (such as Bob's Red Mill) is available in Asian stores, some supermarkets and health-food stores.
- 3 bars (100 g each) 3bars (100 g each)good-quality dark chocolate (70%)dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 1 cup 1cupunsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwhipping cream
- 4 4eggeggs
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwhite rice flourwhite rice flour
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1 cup 1cupchopped walnuts
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt together chocolate, butter and cream, stirring, until smooth. Let cool slightly.
In large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, cocoa, rice flour and vanilla; whisk in chocolate mixture and walnuts. Scrape into parchment paper–lined 9-inch (2.5 L) square cake pan.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until puffed and cracked at edges, about 35 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.
Refrigerate until cold, about 1 hour. Cut into squares, wiping knife between cuts. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2011