Golden Chicken Brie and Cranberry Turnovers
This recipe makes 32 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 32 pieces
Take your pick of nine delicious, easy-to-make party delights in our "Fantastic Finger Foods" collection in the January 2007 issue of Canadian Living magazine -- also featuring a helpful cocktail party planner.
- 1 pkg (450 g) 1pkg (450 g)frozen butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1eggeggs, beaten Filling:
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsdiced cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdiced Brie cheese
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, finely chopped
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplight mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely chopped fresh sage, (o1 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped cranberrycranberries
Filling: In bowl, combine chicken, cheese, green onion, garlic, mayonnaise, sage, salt and pepper; stir in cranberries just until combined.
Cut each of the two 10-inch (25 cm) square sheets of pastry into 16 squares; brush edges lightly with some of the egg. Place heaping 1 tsp (5 mL) filling in centre of each; fold over to form triangle, pressing edges to seal.
Place on prepared pans; brush tops with remaining egg. Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Or freeze until firm, about 1 hour. Store, layered between waxed paper, in airtight container for up to 1 month. Bake frozen, adding 3 minutes to time.
Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375°F (190°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden and puffed, about 20 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2007