Grilled Chicken Club Salad
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||28 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 6
Transport the marinated chicken and other ingredients in separate containers ready to thread onto skewers to grill.
- 1-1/2 lb 1-1/2lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 1/2red onion
- 12 slices 12slicesbacon
- 24 24cherry tomatocherry tomatoes
- Pinch Pincheach salt and pepper
- 6 cups 6cupstorn romaine lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscroutoncroutons Creamy Herbed Dressing:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplight mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 4 tsp 4tspgrainy mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried basil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupvegetable oil
Creamy Herbed Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together parsley, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper; whisk in oil.
Cut chicken into thirty-six 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes; place in bowl. Add half of the dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate chicken for up to 24 hours. Or freeze in freezer bags for up to 2 weeks; thaw in refrigerator. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 4 days.)
Cut onion into twenty-four 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) pieces. Cut each bacon strip crosswise into thirds. Wrap 1 bacon piece around each chicken cube. Onto each of 12 metal or 10-inch (25 cm) soaked wooden skewers, thread 1 chicken cube, 1 piece onion and 1 tomato. Repeat once. Finish with third chicken cube. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place skewers on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning 3 times, until bacon is crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.
Mound lettuce and croutons onto 6 plates; top each with 2 skewers. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2006; Get Grilling: Summer 2007