Grilled Corn with Chili Lime Mayonnaise
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 8
Smearing mayonnaise all over the cobs before wrapping and grilling them infuses Mexican flavours into the kernels.
- 8 8corn cobcorn cobs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplight mayonnaise
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lime rind
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplime juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 cup 1cupshredded old Cheddar cheese, (optional)
Without tearing, carefully peel back corn husks; remove silks. Set aside.
In bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, jalapeño pepper, garlic, lime rind and juice, salt and pepper; spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) over kernels of each cob. Pull up husks, smoothing over cob; tie each tightly at top with string. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 hours.)
Place corn on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning frequently, until charred and beginning to smoke, about 25 minutes. To serve, pull back husks and sprinkle each cob with 2 tbsp (25 mL) cheese (if using).
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2004