Grilled Pineapple Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
This pineapple salad takes its cue from the popular sweet and tangy green mango salad in Thai restaurants.
- 1 1pineapplepineapples
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupdiced red onionred onions
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfresh mint Dressing:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Dash 1Dashhot pepper sauce
Dressing: In small saucepan, heat sugar, oil, lime juice, fish sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until sugar is dissolved. Let cool completely.
With sharp knife, cut off crown and base of pineapple; cut off skin. With tip of knife, remove pineapple eyes; cut pineapple crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook, turning once, for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and browned. Let cool.
Cut each slice into quarters, trimming off core; place in large bowl. Add dressing, red pepper, onion, coriander and mint; toss to coat well. (Salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.)