Grilled Shrimp with Corn and Black Bean Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
The zippy flavours and brilliant colours of this salad complement tender, perfectly grilled shrimp. Grilling the corn concentrates the kernels' sweetness and adds a smoky accent.
- 1 lb 1lbraw jumbo shrimp
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplime juice
- 1 tsp 1tspsoy sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspsesame oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced Corn and black bean salad
- 3 3cobs corn
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)black beanblack beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped red onionred onions
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcoriander leafcoriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp 3tbspvegetable oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbsplime juice
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1 1head boston lettuce, separated
Peel off shrimp shells, leaving tails on; cut each shrimp lengthwise down back and gently pull out dark vein running down back. In bowl, combine oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper and garlic. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, husk corn. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat. Close lid and cook, turning occasionally, until kernels are tender and grill-marked, about 15 minutes. Slice off kernels to make 1-1/2 cups (375 mL); place in bowl. Add black beans, red pepper, onion and coriander.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, salt, cumin and pepper. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat.
Place shrimp on greased grill over medium-high heat. Close lid and cook, turning once, until shrimp are pink, about 6 minutes.
Divide lettuce leaves among plates. Top with salad then grilled shrimp.