Grilled Thai Chicken Wraps
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
2002 Canada Day Chicken Challenge Runner Up
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 1/4 1/4cup cupsoy sauce
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar 1 1tbsp tbsppacked brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil 1 1tbsp tbspsesame oil
- 2 tsp lime juice 2 2tsp tsplime juice
- 1 clove garlic , minced1 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp minced gingerroot 1/2 1/2tsp tspminced gingerroot
- 1 tsp minced hot red peppers 1 1tsp tspminced hot red pepperhot red peppers
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 4boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce 4 4leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup bean sprouts 1 1cup cupbean sprouts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions 1/4 1/4cup cupsliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes 1/4 1/4cup cupsliced radishradishes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander 1/4 1/4cup cupchopped fresh coriander
- 4 large flour tortillas 4 4large flour tortillatortillas
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1/4 1/4cup cupmayonnaise
In bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, oil, lime juice, garlic, ginger and hot red pepper. Remove 3 tbsp (50 mL) and set aside. Add chicken to bowl, turning to coat; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Discarding marinade, place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning once, for 12 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Slice thinly on the diagonal.
Evenly divide lettuce, chicken, bean sprouts, onions, radishes and coriander over tortillas. Mix reserved marinade with mayonnaise; drizzle over tortillas and roll up. To serve, slice wraps in half.