Grilled Vegetable and Noodle Salad
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 8
Arrange the veggies around the edge of the salad so guests can take what they like.
- 4 4zucchinizucchinis
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1 1yellow pepperyellow peppers
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper Sun dried Tomato Noodles:
- 1 lb 1lblinguine
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped drained oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3tbspred wine vinegar
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh basil
Cut zucchini diagonally into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Core and cut red and yellow peppers into 8 pieces each. In bowl, toss together zucchini, peppers, oil, salt and pepper.
Place zucchini and peppers on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Peel peppers, if desired.
Sun-Dried Tomato Noodles: In large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine until tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Add linguine; toss together. Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate pasta and vegetables separately for up to 3 hours.)
Add basil to pasta; arrange grilled vegetables and pasta on platter or in large bowl.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2005