Healthy Processor Pizza Base
- Portion size: one 12-inch (30 cm) pizza round
This recipe makes 1 12-inch (30 cm) pizza round servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|total fat||3 g|
You can refrigerate this dough overnight and make the pizza the next day.
- 1 cup 1cupwhole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour, (approx)
- 1 pkg 1pkgquick-rising (instant) dry yeast, (or 1 tbsp/15 mL)
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgranulated sugar
- 2 tsp 2tspolive oil
In food processor, combine whole wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar. With motor running, gradually pour in oil and 3/4 cup (175 mL) very hot water (125°F/50°C) and beat, adding up to 1/4 cup (50 mL) more water if necessary, just until dough begins to form ball. Process for 1 minute. Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary; cover and let rest for 10 minutes or refrigerate for up to 2 days. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) circle.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com