Herbed Turkey Sausage Patties
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 8 minutes
- Total time : PT18M
- Portion size: 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
Pancetta is easier to dice when partially frozen first.
- 6 oz 6ozpancetta, skinned and diced
- 1-1/4 lb 1-1/4lblean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely diced shallotshallots or red onions
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely chopped fresh sage or fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil or olive oil
In food processor, pulse pancetta until coarsely ground; transfer to bowl. Add turkey, shallots, egg, sage, mustard, pepper, paprika and salt to bowl; mix with hands. Shape by
1/4 cup (50 mL) into patties.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat. In 2 batches and using remaining oil, fry patties, turning once, until digital rapid-read thermometer inserted into centre reads 165°F (74°C), about 8 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2010