Lemon Cheesecake Bars
This recipe makes 60 servings
|Per bar: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 60 bars
A middle cream cheese layer updates classic lemon squares.
- 4 4eggeggs
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspfinely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuplemon juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking powder
- 1 tbsp 1tbspicing sugar Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 pkg 1pkgcream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1 1eggeggs Base:
- 30 30lemon social tea cookielemon social tea cookies
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter, melted
Line 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan with parchment paper or grease.
Base: In food processor, crush cookies to make 2 cups (500 mL); pulse in butter until moistened. Press into prepared pan. Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until firm, about 12 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Cheesecake Layer: In bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth; beat in egg. Spread over base. Set aside.
In bowl, beat eggs with sugar until thickened. Beat in lemon rind and juice, flour and baking powder until smooth; pour over cheese layer. Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until edges are set and brown, 35 minutes. Let cool on rack. (Make-ahead: Remove from pan; wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Or overwrap in heavy-duty foil; freeze for up to 1 month.)
Source : Holiday Celebrations: 2007