Indian Spiced Beef Koftas
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced gingerroot
- 2 2garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 1jalapeño pepperjalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspturmeric
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground coriander
- 1 lb 1lblean ground beef
In large bowl, stir together ginger, garlic, jalape?oil, egg yolk, cornstarch, salt, turmeric and coriander; mix in beef until blended. Divide into 8 portions; shape each into ball.
Thread 2 balls onto each of 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers; squeeze each into 3-inch (8 cm) sausage shape.
Place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook, turning skewers once, for about 15 minutes or until koftas are lightly browned and no longer pink inside.