Irresistible Turtle Bars
This recipe makes 40 pieces servings
- Portion size: 40
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupsoftened butter
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcocoa powder Filling
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupbutter
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppacked brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcorn syrup
- 2 tbsp 2tbspwhipping cream
- 1 cup 1cupchopped pecanpecans, toasted
- 2 oz 2ozsemisweet chocolate, melted
Line 13- x 9-inch metal cake pan with parchment paper; set aside.
In bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Sift flour and cocoa over top; stir until combined. Press into prepared pan. Bake in centre of 350°F oven until firm, about 15 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.
Filling: In saucepan, bring butter, sugar, corn syrup and cream to boil, stirring. Boil, without stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Spread over crust.
Bake in centre of 350°F oven until bubbly and edges are light golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.
Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com