Jerk Chicken Burgers
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||21 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
We are suggesting jerk barbecue sauce for a touch of Jamaican spicing in this burger. This sauce is milder than jerk seasoning, which is a paste to use in moderation. Jerk barbecue sauce and its counterpart, jerk marinade, are available in supermarkets.
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfinely diced sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspjerk barbecue sauce, (or 1 tbsp/15 mL jerk marinade)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsoy sauce
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspdried thyme
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchground allspice
- 1 lb 1lblean ground chicken or lean ground turkey
- 4 slices 4slicescored peeled fresh pineapple
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
In large bowl, beat egg; stir in green pepper, bread crumbs, jerk barbecue sauce, soy sauce, garlic, thyme and allspice. Add chicken; mix just until combined. Shape into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator.)
Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 185°F (85°C) and juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush pineapple with oil; grill until tender and marked, about 5 minutes. Serve on burger.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2005