Lamb Loin Chops with Pimiento Olive Butter
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 4
Chops are quick to cook and work best with just simple preparation.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp 1tspdried thyme
- 1 tsp 1tspdried oregano
- 1 tsp 1tspfennel seeds, crushed
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 8 8lamb loin choplamb loin chops, (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g) Pimiento Olive Butter:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, softened
- 2 tsp 2tspfinely diced pimiento-stuffed olivepimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspDijon mustard
- pinch pinchdried oregano
Pimiento Olive Butter: In bowl, stir together butter, diced olives, Dijon mustard and dried oregano until smooth. Spoon onto plastic wrap; shape into log and wrap tightly. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Slice into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick rounds.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix together oil, rosemary, thyme, oregano, fennel seeds, garlic and pepper; rub all over lamb. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate butter and lamb separately for up to 24 hours.)
Place chops on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill for about 10 minutes or until medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Serve with Pimiento Olive Butter.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2008