Leek and Gorgonzola Chicken Breasts
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving without skin : about||-|
|total fat||17 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 4
Gorgonzola is delightful but you can try another creamy blue-veined cheese, such as borgonzola or Cambazola.
- 4 4boneless chicken breastboneless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp 4tspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspchopped fresh thyme
- 1 pinch 1pincheach salt and pepper Stuffing:
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter
- 2 cups 2cupsthinly sliced leekleeks, (white and light green parts only)
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdry sherry or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupcrumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tsp 1tspall-purpose flour
Stuffing: In skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; fry leeks and salt, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add sherry; cook over medium-high heat just until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Scrape into bowl and let cool. Stir in Gorgonzola cheese.
With knife held horizontally and starting at curved side, cut chicken in half almost but not all the way through; open like book. Spread one-quarter of the stuffing evenly over 1 side of each breast, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border uncovered. Sprinkle flour over each bottom border; close breast, pressing edge to seal. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; add 5 minutes to roasting time.)
Place chicken , skin side up, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. In small bowl, combine oil, thyme, salt and pepper; brush over chicken.
Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and no longer pink inside. Broil, watching carefully to avoid scorching, until skin is crisp and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2008