Linguine with Broccoli and Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve with: Garlic bread and green salad. Take advantage of the wide array of frozen vegetables available in supermarkets. They offer no-muss, no-fuss preparation and are inexpensive and handy to have on hand. For a change, try one of the varieties of mixed vegetables.
- 1 lb 1lblinguine or fettuccine
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper flakes
- 4 cups 4cupsfresh or frozen broccoli floretbroccoli florets
- 2 cups 2cupshalved cherry tomatocherry tomatoes, (about 8 oz/250 g)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupshredded Asiago cheese
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the cooking water.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes, stirring often, until light golden, about 2 minutes. Add broccoli; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring, until broccoli is tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Add broccoli mixture to pasta; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten. Serve sprinkled with Asiago cheese.