Linguine with Pancetta and Snow Peas
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
Cooking the snow peas with the pasta eliminates the need for a separate pot.
- 12 oz 12ozlinguine
- 2 cups 2cupssnow peasnow peas, thinly sliced
- 4 oz 4ozpancetta or bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1oniononions, thinly sliced
- 6 6cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper flakes, (optional)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspminced fresh oregano, (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried)
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgrated Parmesan cheese
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine for 7 minutes. Add snow peas; cook until pasta is tender but firm and snow peas are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Reserving 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the cooking liquid, drain and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, fry pancetta over medium-high heat until starting to crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain off fat. Add oil, onion, garlic, salt, and hot pepper flakes (if using); fry until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Add parsley, oregano, pasta mixture and reserved cooking liquid; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2004