Lobster with Greens, Fennel and Creamy Citrus Dressing
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Bright citrus cuts the richness of lobster in this colourful salad.
- 2 2cooked lobsterlobsters, (about 1-1/2 lb/750 g total)
- 2 2orangeoranges
- 6 cups 6cupslightly packed torn leaf lettuce
- 1 cup 1cuptorn radicchio leafradicchio leaves
- 1 cup 1cuptorn frisée greens
- 1/2 1/2fennel bulbfennel bulbs, thinly sliced Creamy Citrus Dressing:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh chivefresh chives
- 1 tsp 1tspmayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1 1small shallotshallots, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgrated orange rind
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
Place each lobster on cutting board; twist off tail. With sharp chef's knife, cut tail in half lengthwise; remove meat from tail and cut into chunks. Place in bowl.
Remove claws from body. With blunt side of knife, crack claws; pull shell apart and remove meat. Cut into chunks and add to bowl.
Working over bowl to catch juice, peel and segment oranges; set aside, reserving 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the juice.
Creamy Citrus Dressing: In glass measure, whisk together oil, lemon juice, chives, mayonnaise, mustard, shallot, orange rind, salt, pepper and reserved orange juice; set aside.
In bowl, combine leaf lettuce, radicchio, frisée, fennel, oranges and lobster; drizzle with dressing, tossing to combine.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009