These saucy knife-and-fork burritos are a family-friendly twist on the traditional Mexican-style wrap. Use your favourite prepared barbecue sauce to boost the flavour with minimal effort.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2014
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 375 g boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 1 sweet orange pepper diced
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- half pkg cremini mushrooms halved and sliced
- half pkg button mushroom halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until golden, about 3 minutes. Remove to plate; set aside.
In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in orange pepper, tomato and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
Return chicken and any juices to pan. Add barbecue sauce; cook, stirring, until coated and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes.
Divide chicken mixture among tortillas; roll up. Place, seam side down, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each with one-quarter of the Monterey Jack cheese and Cheddar cheese. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven until cheese is bubbly and golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 831 mg
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 32 g
- Calories 459.0
- Total fat 18 g
- Potassium 547 mg
- Cholesterol 68 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 42 g
- Iron 14.0
- Folate 19.0
- Calcium 13.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 85.0