- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2007
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 lb/500 g total)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups green beans trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 oz medium curly egg noodles cooked
MethodDredge chicken in flour; place on plate, shaking off excess.
In large shallow Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add remaining oil to pan; saut?nion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper over medium-high heat until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
Add tomatoes and chicken stock; bring to boil, stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 12 minutes.
Add green beans; cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until tender-crisp and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and vinegar. Serve with noodles.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 740 mg
- Protein 37 g
- Calories 618.0
- Total fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 176 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 80 g
- Iron 40.0
- Folate 30.0
- Calcium 13.0
- Vitamin A 11.0
- Vitamin C 63.0