- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2005
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups lightly packed torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups cubed English cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted black olive halved
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place chicken in small roasting pan; set aside.
Dressing: In measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, oregano, mint, salt and pepper; pour 1/3 cup (75 mL) over chicken.
Roast in 400°F (200°C) oven, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Broil until golden, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss together spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, olives and remaining dressing until coated. Divide salad among plates.
Thinly slice chicken; arrange over salad.
More chicken breast recipes:
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 458 mg
- Protein 35 g
- Calories 351.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Cholesterol 87 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 22.0
- Folate 60.0
- Calcium 13.0
- Vitamin A 44.0
- Vitamin C 53.0