A lighter-style chili from your slow cooker.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2008
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can white kidney bean drained and rinsed
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
MethodIn large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over. Transfer to slow cooker.
Drain any fat from pan; add remaining oil. Fry onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Scrape into slow cooker. Stir in beans and chilies; cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
Remove chicken from sauce; cube and set aside.
In small bowl, whisk flour with 3 tbsp (50 mL) water; whisk into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in chicken, coriander and lime juice; heat through.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 708 mg
- Protein 30 g
- Calories 352.0
- Total fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 28 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 35.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 5.0
- Vitamin C 32.0