Juicy chicken and tender squash are made special with a fragrant, homemade curry sauce.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh cubed
- 1 onion
- 2 hot green chili peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cubed seeded peeled butternut squashes (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 3 tablespoons mild Indian curry paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
MethodIn Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Remove to plate.
In same Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook onion and hot peppers, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add squash and curry paste; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander.
More Curry Recipes:
- Malaysian Chicken Curry
- Chicken Curry with Vegetables
- Halibut and Spinach Curry
- Curry Soup
- Rich Lamb Curry
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 673 mg
- Protein 25 g
- Calories 345.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Potassium 928 mg
- Cholesterol 94 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 21 g
- Iron 27.0
- Folate 17.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 96.0
- Vitamin C 88.0