- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2008
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 oz snow peas trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
MethodIn small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, sherry (if using), hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, chili garlic sauce and 3 tbsp (45 mL) water. Set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic, ginger and hot pepper flakes for 30 seconds.
Add shrimp and tomato paste mixture; boil, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened and shrimp are pink.
Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling water, blanch snow peas for about 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and arrange on plate. Top with shrimp mixture; drizzle with sesame oil. Toss if desired.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 354 mg
- Protein 19 g
- Calories 203.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 129 mg
- Saturated fat 10 g
- Total carbohydrate 9 g
- Iron 23.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 7.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 38.0