These rolls are a great choice for nights when you crave something light yet satisfying. For a twist, we’ve swapped out traditional rice noodles for protein-dense quinoa.
- Prep time 35 minutes
- Total time 35 minutes
- Portion size 6 servings
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (such as sriracha)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- hot water
- 12 rice paper wrappers (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup each julienned English cucumber and carrot
- 1 sweet red pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 avocado , peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Peanut Dipping Sauce: In bowl, stir together peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, chili sauce and 2 tbsp water until creamy. Remove one-third of the sauce to separate bowl; set aside.
Scrape remaining sauce into serving bowl; top with green onions (if using) and sesame seeds. (Make-ahead: Omit sesame seeds. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days. Stir in sesame seeds just before serving.)
Rolls: Fill 9-inch pie plate with hot water. Soak each rice paper wrapper in water until soft, 5 to 10 seconds; pat dry with tea towel.
Place cilantro in centre of each wrapper; stir reserved dipping sauce into quinoa and spoon over top. Layer each with cucumber, carrot, red pepper and avocado. Top each with scant 1/4 cup chicken.
Working with 1 wrapper at a time, fold bottom over filling; fold in sides and roll up. Place on damp tea towel–lined baking sheet; cover with another damp tea towel to prevent drying out. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 6 hours.) Serve with dipping sauce.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 415 mg
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 329
- Total fat 12 g
- Potassium 493 mg
- Cholesterol 46 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 35 g
- Iron 15
- Folate 27
- Calcium 3
- Vitamin A 35
- Vitamin C 48