- Portion size 175 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009
- 1/3 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
MethodIn bowl, soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water until softened, 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp (25 mL) liquid.
In food processor, finely chop tomatoes; reserved liquid, pine nuts, tomato paste, garlic, pepper and salt. With motor running, add olive oil in thin steady stream until puréed. Pulse in grated Parmesan.