You'll love the unexpected combination of edamame and blueberries in this peppery arugula salad.
- Prep time 30 minutes
- Total time 1 hour
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each chopped fresh thyme, fresh tarragon and fresh basil
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (142 g) arugula
- 1 cup blueberry
- 1/3 cup toasted unsalted pumpkin seed
MethodLemon-Basil Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, basil, mustard, salt and pepper; slowly whisk in oil. Set aside.
Salad: In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook edamame for 1 minute. Drain and let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, between plastic wrap, use meat mallet or heavy-bottomed saucepan to flatten chicken to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness.
Whisk together oil, thyme, tarragon, basil, salt and pepper; rub over chicken. Let stand for 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours.)
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Slice chicken.
In large bowl, toss together edamame, arugula, blueberries, pumpkin seeds and vinaigrette. Top with chicken.
Nutritional facts per serving: about
- Fibre 5 g
- Sodium 363 mg
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 35 g
- Calories 420.0
- Total fat 26 g
- Potassium 804 mg
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 15 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 88.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 32.0