This less-saucy version of curried chicken features nutrient-packed broccoli and zucchini. The spicy curry elevates the go-to stir-fry ingredients to luscious new heights.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 15 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 450 g boneless skinless chicken thighs , cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons Thai Green Curry Paste (recipe under Method)
- 1 large zucchini , cut in half lengthwise and cut crosswise in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 head broccoli (about 240 g), stemmed and cut in florets
In large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat; working in 2 batches, stir-fry chicken until browned, about 4 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm.
In same pan, cook curry paste, 1/4 cup water, zucchini and broccoli, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan for last minute of cooking. Serve over rice, noodles or quinoa.
Tip from The Test Kitchen: Don't feel limited to zucchini and broccoli— use whatever veggies you have on hand. Peppers, kale, cauliflower and carrots all work beautifully in this dish.
Get the recipe: Thai Green Curry Paste
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 189 mg
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 24 g
- Calories 207
- Total fat 10 g
- Potassium 660 mg
- Cholesterol 93 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Iron 16
- Folate 25
- Calcium 6
- Vitamin A 29
- Vitamin C 80