Hot wings with blue cheese dip – a pub favourite – takes on a new persona in this lightened-up grilled chicken salad. Fold it up in a tortilla for a portable dinner on a busy night.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2012
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce (such as Frank
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons 2% plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 carrots shredded
MethodCombine hot sauce with butter; remove 2 tbsp sauce and set aside.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, brushing with sauce and turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes; slice and toss with reserved sauce.
Salad: Meanwhile, whisk together buttermilk, blue cheese, yogurt, vinegar, sugar and pepper.
Divide lettuce, cucumber and carrot among 4 plates. Top with chicken; drizzle with dressing.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 486 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 30 g
- Calories 219.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Potassium 629 mg
- Cholesterol 83 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Iron 9.0
- Folate 18.0
- Calcium 12.0
- Vitamin A 78.0
- Vitamin C 25.0