- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2011
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 sweet red pepper quartered
- 1 sweet yellow pepper quartered
- 1 zucchini cut lengthwise in 1/2-inch thick strips
- 12 asparagus spears trimmed
- 1/2 cup Light feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce minced
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
MethodSoak quinoa in cold water for 3 minutes; drain in sieve. In saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups salted water to boil; stir in quinoa and return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until no liquid remains, 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and fluff with fork; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Spread on small tray and let cool for 10 minutes.
Chipotle Vinaigrette: Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, honey, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In large bowl, toss together red and yellow peppers, zucchini, asparagus and 3 tbsp of the vinaigrette until coated. Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill until charred and tender, 4 to 6 minutes for asparagus, 10 to 12 minutes for peppers and zucchini. Cut into large chunks and return to bowl.
Add remaining dressing, quinoa, half of the feta cheese, the pumpkin seeds and cilantro; stir until incorporated. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Serve immediately.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 343 mg
- Protein 9 g
- Calories 258.0
- Total fat 13 g
- Potassium 476 mg
- Cholesterol 6 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 28 g
- Iron 31.0
- Folate 34.0
- Calcium 7.0
- Vitamin A 18.0
- Vitamin C 110.0