- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2007
- 1 1/2 lb halibut or other firm fleshed white fish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (optional),minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves (about one 170 g bag)
- 3/4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
MethodRemove skin (if any) from halibut; cut fish into 1-1/2-inch (4 cm) cubes. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, curry paste, ginger, jalape?if using), coriander, salt and turmeric, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 6 minutes.
Add spinach; cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and 1 cup (250 mL) water; bring to boil. Add fish; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until fish flakes easily when tested, about 8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 625 mg
- Protein 35 g
- Calories 310.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 9 g
- Iron 26.0
- Folate 38.0
- Calcium 14.0
- Vitamin A 52.0
- Vitamin C 15.0