- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2009
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices bacon sliced (optional)
- 2 slices pancetta sliced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head radicchio lettuce torn
- 4 cups loosely packed kale
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
MethodIn large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook bacon (if using), garlic and hot pepper flakes just until garlic begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, salt and reserved cooking liquid; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add radicchio and kale; cook, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute. Toss with pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan.
More linguine recipes:
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 510 mg
- Protein 14 g
- Calories 339.0
- Total fat 8 g
- Potassium 711 mg
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 56 g
- Iron 28.0
- Folate 73.0
- Calcium 20.0
- Vitamin A 101.0
- Vitamin C 138.0