This makes a fabulous appetizer pasta or accompaniment to grilled sausages or chicken. Frying the parsley gives it a mellow herbal taste without the harshness of raw parsley. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2007
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 anchovy fillets chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup walnut coarsely chopped
- 12 oz linguine
MethodIn large shallow saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry garlic, anchovies and hot pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 4 minutes.
Add parsley and walnuts; cook, stirring to coat, for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) pasta water.
Add parsley mixture and reserved water; toss to coat
Nutritional facts Per each of 8 servings: about
- Sodium 200 mg
- Protein 7 g
- Calories 258.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 34 g
- Iron 17.0
- Folate 47.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 15.0